Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe
8300 Vineland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32821
April 7, 2017 - Tenebrae Liturgitcal Servie at 7:30 PM
Tenebrae (Latin for “shadows” or “darkness” is a dramatic service highlighting the gradual extinguishing of candles accompanied by a series of readings and exquisitely sung choral repertoire. The cumulative effect will leave the Basilica in near darkness rep- resenting the darkness of sin as the the life of the Son of God grows closer to termination by crucifixion. We will sense the loneliness and abandonment of Jesus, the earthquake at Our Lord’s death, the closing of the tomb and the tumultuous clash between God and Satan.
April 9, 2017 - Palm Sunday
April 13, 2017 - Holy Thursday, Mass of the Lord's Supper at 6:00 PM
April 14, 2017 - Good Friday
April 15, 2017 - Holy Saturday Easter Vigil at 8:00 PMApril 16, 2017 - Easter Sunday
- Mary Stations of the Cross at 12:15 PM in the Basilica Church
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:00 PM in the Basilica Church
- The Shroud of Turin Presentation at 3:30 PM in the Basilica Church
- Communion Service and Veneration at 6:00 PM
May 7, 2017 - Handel's Messiah
Concert held in the Basilica Church at 2:30 PM. For tickets to this event please visit the Music Page and click on the Concert Tab.
May 14, 2017 - Mother's Day
A Basilica tradition of 10,000 Roses are placed around the Santuary.
June 6, 2017 - Common Prayer: Catholic - Lutheran Common Commemoration of the Reformation at 6:30 PM
- This bilingual prayer service marks the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.
- For more information please visit www.orlandodiocese.org/commonprayer
June 18, 2017 - Corpus Christi Procession at 6:00 PM
June 23, 2017 - Annual Global Rosary Relay for Priests. The Sorrowful Mysteries will be said at 12:30 PM
July 7, 2017 - National Black Caucus
July 23, 2017 - Feast of Our Lady of Antipolo at 2:30